Shopfront branding: what is it exactly and why is it important?
It's not an unknown fact that shopfronts are indeed instrumental in lending a character to the building. If you want to project an identity of your own, it is important that you get a shopfront installed. We have talked about various topics like shopfront types, Installation, manufacturing process and materials, and repair. But this article is going to be slightly different as it is concerned with the principles associated with the shopfronts. As we all know, we have to follow the guidelines of the concerned authorities to undertake any new construction or installation. The guideline booklet will help in maintaining the existing shopfronts which have been there since the traditional designs ruled the roost, it is also beneficial for the construction of new shopfronts. Aluminum shopfronts are quite a rage in the modern type of shopfronts.
The guidelines: why are they requiredThese guidelines are issued with interest to the development of shopfronts which keep up the quality of construction and extend the grandeur projected by the rest of the building. By this, we mean that the guidelines will prove to be helpful to maintain the grace, beauty, and charm of the building but not fail to keep up with the norms of the authorities. Every proposal needs to satisfy these conditions-
- The design must improve the appearance of the shopfronts as well as the building it is in.
- As shopfront installation requires the permission of the planning association, the architect must get in touch with the planning commission and get the proposal through.
- The shop owner has to make the decision regarding whether it will be sufficient to maintain the current shopfront or opt for a new one. It is highly likely that the council will ask the shopkeepers to retain the old ones if they are in good shape and have good quality and take some measures to maintain them as some of them are protected structures. The council will further emphasize the fact that the structures be maintained and inspected regularly so that any decay can be easy to notice and gets fixed as soon as possible.
- If the shop owner wishes to get the alterations done, they should be in keeping with the design and the integrity of the original design. Protected shopfronts need to be altered according to the specialized conservation advise.
- If the construction of a new shopfront is advised, the new design must be in sync with the traditional style and must use high craftsmanship and match the style of the nearby buildings. It can be done by adapting the elements from the buildings in the vicinity.
- The shopfront has functionality associated with it and this factor must be kept in the mind. Identification of the shop, invoking interest in the customers and proper display of the name of the shop is one of the major functions of the shopfront. It also helps in defining the architectural character of the whole building. So the point must be kept in mind.
- The shopfront is not treated as a separate entity from the buildings nearby, therefore, its architecture must be synchronized with the architecture of the surrounding and adjoining buildings.