Tips for Roller Shutter Repair & Installation methods
ADV has been dealing in the installation of shutters since time immemorial. If you are looking for installation or Roller Shutter Repair London, ADV is the best bet. In this post, we would like to clarify the guidelines for shutter installation.
- There are three installation methods –
- Outdoor installation
- Built-in installation
- Combined installation
- Out of these three, outdoor installation the easiest and most common.
Steps of installation
- Check the dimensions of the window. The diagonals of the window are measured using a measuring tape. The horizontal top and the vertical measurement of the side slopes need to be done with a plumb line.
- Check for cracks and chips along with deviations and irregularities. These flaws have to be removed before the installation of the shutter. You can use plastering for improving the finishing. The deviations must be rectified by using special linings.
- Now that the window is prepared for the installation, you must collect the required instruments. The instruments required are
- Electric drill,
- Scissors for cutting metal
- Set of wrenches
- Screwdriver set
- Construction level, plumb, measuring tape, felt-tip pen
- An indicator screwdriver and a multimeter
- Sealant and mounting gun
- It is necessary to determine the material of the structure in which the shutter is to be installed. Depending upon that, the expansion of anchors and fasteners will be selected. The anchoring depth must be a maximum of 3 cm. The depth should not be less than 6.5 cm. Self-tapping screws are also good for fastening.
- Now comes the drilling part. Make holes of size 8 mm at regular intervals. If you are planning to put the box outside, it will be required to drill two sides of the guide. A cap will be placed at the upper hole which should be of diameter 11.8mm.
- Prepare the box for installation by putting the lid on the box and drilling a hole of 4.2mm each on both the sides. These holes will be used for mounting the rivets. The mounting box is then set up using either the surface mounting method or built-in –top method.
- Next, drill the holes on the intended spots and put plastic dowels in them. Put a protective spring in the hole.
- After peeling the protective film on the assembly, set the frame in the correct position, keeping in mind the position of the holes in the wall and the frame. After checking the verticality of the wires and the horizontal of the upper box, make a comparison of the diagonal dimensions. It is time to fix the frame with the help of screwdrivers.
- The installation of the basic controls follows. In the outer method, control elements remounted on the internal side of the building. The holes are drilled after the marks are made with a felt pen under the mount.
- The canvas is installed inside the box by putting the rings on the upper shaft with a pitch of 400-500 mm. The beams are put on the end profile of the roller shutter. The canvas is wrapped on the upper side of the shaft and then driven into the guide rails. The traction springs are put from the upper edge of the canvas and extend to the perforation of the shaft. Eventually, close the mounted box.