Quick Guide : Common Problems With Roller & Plantom Shutters
Not investing, or even not caring for your security can lead to break-ins, robbery, and several acts of vandalism more often than you’d ever expect. Ask a bunch of people and you’d know insurance companies are really slow when it is their turn to shell out money for claims. To counter this, people install CCTV, to maybe catch the guilty. But here is the thing, why even wait for it to happen? Precaution is better than cure Why would you wait if you could prevent your door or window getting shattered and next thing you know someone is in your office or home? To make an extra barrier, lot of people turn to shutters instead. Not only do they increase your security, but also give a kind of clean finish to the overall structure.
Roller Shutter: Common Problem(s)Roller shutters no doubt provide a great way of adding one extra security layer against burglars. When you rely on them for security, it becomes crucial to ensure that they work without any problems. Here are some common problems which people most commonly encounter.
1. Power FailureIf you’re using an electronically operated roller shutters, double check if your power source is working correctly. Once you ensure that there is nothing wrong with your power source, try closing and opening your shutter one more time.
2. Motor OverheatingLike every machinery, the motor used in the shutters can also overheat, which often results in a temporary failure. During such times, all you have in your hand is to give some time in order to make the motor cool down.
3. Wrong CodeMore often than you think, people call a professional company for help without ensuring that they’re entering the right code (assuming your door uses one). It is very common confusion, especially if you just hired new staff who are not yet familiar with the system.
4. DirtIf your roller is opening only halfway, or even partially, this might be because of dirt on rails or track. Usually, in companies, or places where people don’t spend much time on cleaning shutters, this is likely to happen. Make sure to turn off the power and inspect your tracks carefully. Needless to say, if you find obstacles, remove them and add some lubricant. If none of this help, give us a call.
1. Shutters not openingOver the course of time, the louvers sometimes get loose, making it a common issue for them to not open. All you require is a simple fix which involves Philip's head screwdriver. Once you have it, follow the instructions.
- Open the plantation shutters and find screws, one on each side of the louver. (tension screws)
- Take your screwdriver, and turn, right turns tightens, while left-turn losses
- DO this to both of your tension screws, and you’ll be ready to go.
2. Magnets fell apartIf your shutters face the direct sun, it’s not good for your shutter’s lifespan. Magnets are responsible for holding shutters in place, but sun often deteriorates the casing of the magnet, which ultimately leads to magnets falling apart. Tips to take care of your plantation shutters There is no reason why you shouldn’t care and adore your new shutters. But it is like Sunday. You enjoy for a while, then you realize, the next day is Monday. While enjoying your shutters, you might realize you don’t know how to maintain or clean them in the future. Most of the times, the person who comes for installing your shutters will provide in-depth details about how to care for your new shutters. But, in case you were not focused, or focusing on something else, read the below-mentioned tips.
- Use a damp cloth (no chemical needed) for cleaning your shutters
- Ensure that you open louvers gently. This will increase the lifespan of your shutter.
- If your shutter faces the sun directly most of the time, provide extra care for the magnets.
Advshutters offers you with unrivaled security, along with a range of shutters that will suit all your needs. From Insulated and Heavy duty shutters to the high-tech security of our commercial shutters, we have all that you need for your secure business.Also Read: Emergency Shutter Repair in London