One of the significant threats to any property kind is fire. To protect commercial, industrial and residential properties, owners adopt so many fire strategies like placing fire extinguishers in their properties to protect family or employees, equipment, documents, and various essential possession. Moreover, some business entrepreneurs install fire alarms or smoke detectors to make you alert during such an incident.
What is a fire-rated door?
The fire-rated door is explained as a roller shutter that is made up of fire-resistant materials such as gypsum, vermiculite boards, metal, steel, glass, and timber. This door holds fire for some hours and provides sufficient time to emergency services to put out the fire and protect your property. Furthermore, these doors are proving to be the best security measures in case of fire due to the extreme fire holding ability as well as it is extreme temperature. These doors are independently tested for their threshold resistance. Moreover, these are corrosion resistant and durable for any environment. If you maintain these shutters properly then it will save your frequent shutter repair cost.
Benefits of fire-rated shutters:-
You can give your facility or residence a well-rounded fire safeguard with a fire-rated door or aggregate at assorted entry and exit locations. The most beneficial uses of the fire-rated door are as given below:
- In case of a fire emergency, it assists efficient and speedy evacuation of occupants.
- Reduces the damage which is done to any type of property.
- The fire-rated door contains fire at one place along with the emittance of venomous gases and smoke and protects the property against fire spreading.
- This door can protect your commercial and residential property not just from fire damage but also from the burglars as they are robust and tough by nature.
Where should you install them?
Mostly these fire-rated rolling shutters are used in a commercial facility or industrial project but these days people install them in their residential premises too. You must choose a suitable installation location to maximize your fire protection strategy. Some of the suitable locations are given below:-
- Entrances and exit points as it renders the corridors access.
- Doorways which partitions two abstracted buildings.
- Exits ways which provide access to staircase and elevator shafts
- In factories, between hazardous and non-hazardous regions.
Choosing and installing a fire-rated shutter
The number of benefits is provided by these Fire-rated shutters to both industrial and commercial spaces. With proper installation and maintenance, your fire-rated shutter will remain there in your space for the entire life, which secures your property and everything within it. Every fire extinguisher shutter is available with its rating. You must adopt your shutter based on the building requirements.