All That You Need To Know About Aluminium Bifold Doors
The contemporary homes are witnessing a revolutionary change in the way they are constructed, set up and managed. With the ever rising increase in population, the space available to build a home is declining. As a result, the size of the houses is becoming smaller and smaller. This leads to a demand in compact spacious houses and all the efforts are being put on to provide maximum space out of the limited available space. One of such maximizing space options has come in the form of doors known as Bi Fold Doors. Many confuse them with the sliding doors but they are a further advancement to the sliding doors.
WHAT ARE BI FOLD DOORS?Bifold doors are connected to each other in such a way that one door crosses over the other at its back and front leaving more space when opened completely. They can be opened as per the requirement. These doors are fitted to runners which makes them slide as well as fold at the same time. They are far better than sliding doors and the traditional doors as both occupy large space as well as do not provide much flexibility of choice of opening and closing. However, the bifold doors do come with the convenience of opening them as much as we want instead of standard opening. Besides, they just get collected together making more space.
PROSBifold doors benefits which are discussed below:
- SPACE: the most dominant merit of these is definitely the space saving ultimately leaving more space in houses.
- SOUND PROOF: these doors are soundproof which resolves the issue of passing of sounds from one room to another and providing full privacy to the family members.
- INSULATION: these doors completely lock the room when closed. So, they work as an excellent insulator for rooms too.
- PERFECT FOR BOTH INDOORS AND OUTDOORS: they not only can be fixed inside but ideal as an outdoor gate too. This helps the parents to keep a check on their kids while they are playing without getting into hassle of going out and keeping an eye on kids.
- VARIETY: they also come in different leaf sizes and number which is totally an individual’s choice. Also, the aluminum doors are available in different designs and colors which can give a jaw dropping looking to the house.
CONSThere are a few drawbacks of bifold doors too that have mentioned:
- STACKING: although it is a very small demerit, but the stacking of leaves does occupy a little space which works against them
- EXPENSIVE: getting these doors is definitely a costly bid as they require a huge sum of money to be spent on them.